We offer counselling and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and give advice on contraception and birth control.
We're a safe, welcoming, non-judgmental service with male and female staff. Our team includes nurses, doctors, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers, a social worker, pharmacists, and psychologists.
Our care and services include:
- testing and treatment of sexually transmissible infections and viral hepatitis
- HIV rapid testing, and treatment
- HIV PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- HIV PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- free condoms and lube
- needle and syringe packs, and free take-home naloxone overdose prevention
- contraception, including emergency contraception
- Abortion access - make an appointment with us, or contact Children By Choice, for non-judgemental information
- transgender care
- our Wednesday morning fast track clinic (G Clinic) for Transgender, brotherboys, sistergirls, non-binary and gender diverse clients
- sexual health counselling and information
- an Indigenous Health Worker team
- sexual health contact tracing information and resources.
Who can access this service?
Our clinic is open to everyone including overseas travellers. Bring your Medicare card with you if you have one.
How much does it cost?
Our testing, appointments and condoms are free. Some treatments may have a small fee.
Make or change an appointment
To make or change an appointment phone 07 4226 4769.
We have face to face, phone, web and telehealth appointments.
You don’t need to make an appointment for walk-in clinics.
Cairns North Community Health
381 Sheridan Street
Cairns North Qld 4870
Walk in clinics
You can visit our walk in clinics on:
- Monday - 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 3.30 pm
- Tuesday - 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 3.30 pm
- Wednesday - 8:30 am to 11:30 am
- Thursday - 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Friday - 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 3.30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday closed
If we're closed, you can find information and options about accessing abortion on the Children By Choice website.
For emergency after hours help, please go to Cairns Hospital Emergency Department.
Our pharmacy is open on:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm.
We're closed on Wednesdays.
Please email CNSHPharmacy@health.qld.gov.au for all medication orders and clinical inquiries.
Last updated:July 2021