Medical oncology is the treatment of people with cancer, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapies.
We have clinics in our hospital where you'll see a specialist doctor called an oncologist.
If you're diagnosed with cancer we'll coordinate your treatment. It may include chemotherapy and other medication.
We also offer:
- Drug treatments such as cytotoxic chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, hormone therapy and other medical therapies for patients with solid tumours.
- Chemotherapy and related supportive therapy, in a safe, and caring environment.
- Consultancy services to other health services and primary care providers.
- Coordination of important support services such as GP liaison to help maintain continuity of care for patients.
- Psychosocial services, education and support groups to cancer patients and their carers/relatives.
- Telehealth treatment where possible.
Other cancer care services
Make or change an appointment
You need a written referral from your GP or health professional before you can make an appointment.
For after hours treatment, contact your nearest hospital emergency department.
Telehealth appointments are available.
Clinics are held daily from Monday to Friday.
For health professionals
Medical referrals are required. Please fax referrals to 07 4226 7471.
For urgent appointments, health professionals should call 07 4226 6000 and ask for the medical oncologist registrar on call.
Liz Plummer Cancer Care Centre
E Block, Level 1
249 - 251 Lake Street
Cairns Qld 4870